Thomas Croft Architects Limited was founded by Thomas Croft in 1995 as a design-led practice concentrating on complex one-off residential & commercial projects, often involving renovations of historic old buildings, or the design of new buildings in historic contexts. Over recent years we have worked in the following main sectors:
• Design & masterplanning for specialist clients like fine art auctioneers Sotheby’s in London & the Royal Yacht Squadron on the Isle of Wight.
• Complex one-off houses in town & country, including both new buildings & renovations. A current project is the complete renovation & internal reimagining of a 1790 Grade 1 listed Robert Adam house on Fitzroy Square, London W1.
• Galleries & offices for international fine art dealers such as Skarstedt, Lisson Gallery, Marlborough & Ordovas.
• Renovations & change of use of historic country buildings, often medieval barns, into contemporary family houses.
• Works for some of London’s great estates such as South Kensington Estates & the Howard de Walden Estate, for whom we’ve recently built 3 new mews houses.
• ‘Local architect’ work in inner London boroughs.
Our larger residential projects are often enjoyable collaborations with interior design specialists including, in alphabetical order: Sarah Delaney Design, Harding + Read, Louise Holt Design, Suzy Hoodless Design, Philip Hooper (at Sibyl Colefax & John Fowler), Olivia Outred & Francis Sultana.